Eat Like An Emperor

I was very lucky that my company sent me to a short summer vacation at the Philippines' premier five-star resort, Shangri-la's Mactan Resort and Spa. The most important thing that came to my mind (except for the luxurious room and comfy bed) was the FOOD. I know this resort offers a range of tempting dining options to indulge in during your stay.

OK, first stop is the Breeze.  Dine by the beach. They serve "light" snacks, fresh juices and smoothies that will make you healthy and hydrated.

fresh juice

the calamares

chicken lollipops

chocolate banana smoothie


Next, dinner at Cowrie Cove.  A resort classic, they offer delicious al fresco dining in a charming beachside location. Note: very expensive. haha


 Weird starters


Cebu mango with sweetened sticky rice and coconut creamwith tapioca (They didn't charge this 'coz I complained that the mangoes were not yet sweet. haha)


This is my favorite alcoholic drink. Mango Rum Shake. Yum.

And the main star of the night: Grilled Lobster. This dish alone costs like about Php3,800. The most expensive dinner I had. Whew.

International breakfast  ...to be continued.